Thursday, July 16, 2015

Activity 7: Assessment/Polling & Data Gathering Part 1



I created the following two assessment tools:

Poll Everywhere Cell Organelles Self-Evaluation Poll 

Kahoot Mindsets Quiz

I like that the poll everywhere can be accessed in a lot of different ways (website, text, twitter).  It would be great for an end of class or beginning of class poll to see where everyone is or to figure out what the big questions are when you don't want something to take a long time and just are interested in a quick and easy response of the majority.  I also like that the answers can be short text and anonymous.  Sometimes kids have questions on the homework and they might not want to ask because they are embarrassed.  This allows them to be anonymous.  Additionally, if we didn't have time to go over all the questions I could just poll them and figure out which are the most crucial to hit.


I have already used Kahoot in class a few times.  I, personally, like the competitive aspect of the program, but also feel like it turns some students off.  I have used Kahoot to review for a test or follow-up on information that we covered the previous day.  I think the data that is provided from kahoot is great for teacher interpretation and I have used it on-the-spot to clear up misconceptions and re-teach material when a majority of the students to not meet proficiency.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm worried some students are getting sick of Kahoot. It's popularity took off but I imagine there is a saturation point. Especially with high school students. i could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete