Monday, August 10, 2015

Activity 8: Assessment Part 2

Below is the first google form I have ever made. I found it pretty easy and very useful for quick setup.  I also think it could be easily used with students.  One struggle other teacher have had with google forms is the unequal access that students have.  Being able to use google forms in the classroom on the chromebooks that students can access quickly is going to make it a lot easier to implement this into a more regular classroom activity.


After working with flubaroo and google sheets I can see how it would be very easy to differentiate instruction for students.  The first thing that comes to mind is student grouping.  In my classroom I could see pairing up students that have high content knowledge with students that struggled.  Flubaroo allowed me to see that information very quickly and I could make groups in a matter of minutes.  I could also see grouping students with other students at the same level and preparing specific lessons (supplementary video, direct instruction, etc) for each skill level.

Additionally, because this is so fast and easy to use as long as all the students participate it can be utilized just like the polling applications or a kahoot.  It can be used to identify key areas that as a whole class we need to revisit. Finally below is my branching form that links to differentiated instruction videos.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! The first Google Form ever! And you used branching. Now that is quite the accomplishment. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked Christina the same questions...

    Do you know if there is a way that we can create and share google forms so that we only see our students? I'd love to collaborate together with you to make some of these for Bio. Also, can you use them again the next year (with a few tweaks/changes if need be?) It doesn't make sense for us to BOTH do separate forms to measure the same concepts

    ReplyDelete